Thursday, February 16, 2006

I'm back...

after a crazy couple of weeks, I am back with a few LO's. I have had so much going on, with company, sick kids, etc, that little scrapping has been done, thus the lack of posts here, LOL. Here are the few I have done:

Image hosting by Photobucket
Journaling reads: In November of last year, you asked about getting Harry Potter to read. You were nervous about trying it when you realized that there were no pictures at all, but you had been reading early chapter books for quite a while and you told me that you would just picture the story in your imagination.

We bought the book and a new love began for you. For the next few days, you would carry your book with you everywhere. You were reading it before bed each night and even in the car. You were having a little trouble with some of the words (especially names) and concepts, but you still seemed to understand what was happening in the story.

After a couple of weeks you began to slow down with your reading. You started reading more of your other chapter books and only read Harry once in a while. We thought that maybe it was just too much and that you had lost interest, but after all of the Christmas excitement died down, you picked Harry Potter back up with determination. Once again you were reading it daily In January you hit the half-way point in the book and you became more and more excited about finishing it.

As February approached, you could see the end in sight! “”Four more chapters, Mama!”...then three, then two...until the night you came running out of your room, book in hand, screaming, “I finished!!!”.

Credits:Whitney Bushman's Autumn Collection
Fonts Used: Harry Potter, Accoustic Light, Hogwart's Wizard



Image hosting by Photobucket
Credits:mandabean's Petalpalooza kit, tag by me
Fonts Used: Mandingo



Image hosting by Photobucket
Credits:Sincerely Yours Kit by Debbie Knorr, stiching by Nisha Morton, Word Art by Holly McCaig
Fonts Used: Bang LET, Blackjack


I also managed to finish the kit that I used for my LO about my Nana, so in her honor I am offering this kit as a freebie. All I ask is that if you download it you please leave me a comment and I would LOVE to see anything that you have made with it, so send me a link. I will offer it for the next week, so if you would like to get it, click here now.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Hope you enjoy it!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

What a beautiful kit! I love the flowers! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this wonderful kit.

Anonymous said...

Siimply beautiful! Thanks!